Terms of Service
NTER Learning Portal
- Notwithstanding the user submissions envisioned by the Portal, the Department does not allow any advertisements or solicitations from its users or third-parties to be made on the Portal. Additionally, users may not post or "spam" other users with unsolicited advertising, solicitations or promotional materials.
- Users may not engage in any activity that may damage, harm or cause disruption of the Portal. Specifically, users may not upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment. Additionally, users may not attempt to reverse engineer, modify or use any anti-circumvention methods to discover the source code of the Portal.
- Pursuant to federal law, government-produced materials appearing on and available for download on this site are not copyright protected. The United States Government may receive and hold copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise. Except where otherwise noted, third-party content appearing on and available for download on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Users of this website agree to grant a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free license to the rest of the world for their submissions to the Portal under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. As such, users need to rely on their own judgment when posting materials, and as with all electronic communications, you access, use and participate on the Website at your own risk.
- With respect to documents available from this server, neither the United States Government nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
- When posting or otherwise using the Portal, the Department does not allow obscene, racist, sexually explicit or otherwise inappropriate language. As noted above, the moderators reserve the right to amend or delete any submissions that they determine may defame or cause personal insults or bad feelings, as well as any communications that, in its sole discretion, the Department finds are in any way abusive or hateful. The Department, however, has no responsibility for the content, postings, materials, information or opinions of any other users.
- Users may not engage in any actions or conduct which may be considered stalking or harassment of other users of the Portal. The Department will determine what actions, if any, are considered to be stalking or harassment at its sole discretion.
- The Department does not allow users to falsely state, or otherwise misrepresent his/her identity in their profile, materials, information or other postings on the Portal. If the Department learns of misrepresentation on the part of a user, we will ask that user to correct his or her profile and/or postings.
- The Department does not allow users to solicit its users to join other Website communities.
Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process, or service by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Disclaimer of Liability: With respect to materials available on this site, neither the United States Government nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
DMCA Notice: The Department of Energy respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask users of our site to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, we have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers. We may also at our sole discretion limit access to our Web site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Security Notice: Information from this site resides on a computer system funded by the U.S Department of Energy. The use of this system may be monitored for computer security purposes. Any unauthorized access to this system is prohibited and is subject to criminal and civil penalties under Federal Laws including but not limited to Public Laws 83-703 and 99-474.