Frequently Asked Questions
- Can anyone create an account and get started on NTER?
Yes, NTER, the National Training and Education Resource, is open to anyone. All courses published on NTER can be accessed by anyone at no cost. Click here to create an account.
- Where does NTER course content come from?
NTER is a front end to multiple learning management systems. Courses are authored and published on learning management systems and dynamically fed to NTER for delivery. Currently, two learning management systems are supported: Ilias-based NWTP and Moodle. Click here for a current listing of courses in NTER.
- How do users access courses on another LMS systems?
NTER has implemented a sophisticated single-sign-on mechanism. Users create accounts on NTER and their login is passed to LMS systems behind the scenes so that the users' access to courses is seamless.
- What technology is used for 3D simulation?
3D scenarios are developed using Kuda tools for WebGL technology. Running these scenarios requires no plugin; students can access 3D scenarios from their browser.
- WebGL is not supported by Internet Explorer yet. How does a student use IE for running 3D scenarios?
Students can add Google Chrome frame to enable IE for WebGL. If you have difficulties setting up WebGL, please visit our Kuda website at: http://code.google.com/p/kuda/wiki/TroubleshootWebGL
- Are programs already using the NTER platform?
Over twenty programs are using Phase I tools of the NTER program, including the Weatherization Assistance Program. An equal number of additional programs are in the queue to get started.